Banana, Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Brownies
It’s been a hot minute since I managed to write anything on the blog. Life has taken over and it’s been hard to find a spare second to sit down and write anything that’s not work related!!
BUT… I’m back with a BANG in the form of this delicious recipe for these amazing super gooey healthy brownies!
Surprisingly, this was my first attempt at making these. I just threw a load of ingredients in the blender and hoped for the best and it worked like a dream. Don’t you just love it when that happens?! I must have been in the right creative zone or something. If I only I knew what that zone was and how to recreate it, I’d be a millionaire, am I right?!!
The brownies have a really lovely gooey texture and the sweetness mainly comes from the ripe bananas and small amount of honey so there’s no need for any refined sugar in them. I also use Dare-Liberate Motivational Shake which is an awesome plant based chocolate and peanut butter flavour nutritional protein powder that I absolutely LOVE.
So, enough babbling… here’s the recipe!
- 3 small ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 5 heaped tbsp. peanut butter
- 5 scoops Dare-Liberate Motivational Shake
- If you haven’t got this, you can use 150g cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. wholemeal flour (use any flour you like)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. Sweet Freedom choc shot
- 100g dark chocolate chunks
- OPTIONAL (add in if you have a super sweet tooth) 3 tbsp. coconut sugar
- I didn’t use any coconut sugar but if you like your brownies on the sweeter side, you might want to add some in
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Line a deep baking tray with greased baking paper
- Pop all of the ingredients, except for the chocolate chunks into your blender and blend until combined and the mixture is silky
- you might want to try a bit of the mixture to see if you need to add in the sugar
- Once the mixture is combined, mix in 3/4 of the chocolate chunks and stir through
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chunks on top
- Pop in the oven for 25 minutes
- Check the middle of the brownies with a skewer or knife when you take them out and it needs to come out with a little of the mixture on it for gooey brownies but not too wet
- Leave to cool before devouring
With love, Tash ❤
P.S. Don’t forget to let me know if you make them!
❤ Follow me on Social Media to keep up with the latest ❤