Thai Green Salmon Noodles
We don’t eat much fish in our house as neither of us are big fans but there are so many health benefits that make eating oily fish a really important part of a healthy diet so I do try to incorporate it into our diets wherever I can.
I actually really like salmon but the hubby doesn’t so if I’m cooking it, I need to make sure it’s in a dish that he likes. I regularly make Thai green or red curries for us but usually with chicken so I decided I would try salmon this time and thankfully, it worked really well. The flavours compliment each other perfectly and the salmon just melts in your mouth. It passed the hubby test so it must be good!
*for 2 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or cooking oil of your choice)
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced clove garlic
- 1 tsp chopped chilli (optional)
- 200g chestnut mushrooms
- 4 tbsp thai green curry paste – use more or less depending on your tastes
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 can coconut milk
- Veggies of your choice – I used: –
- Handful frozen or fresh spinach
- Handful frozen peas
- Heat the oil in a large pan / wok
- Add the onions and saute until softened
- Add the mushrooms and chilli and cook until softened
- Add the garlic and stir
- Add the curry paste and stir
- Pour in the coconut milk
- Add the frozen veggies and stir
- Leave the curry to simmer gently until it has thickened up and the veggies are defrosted and softened if they are frozen
- Then, in a frying pan, heat some oil and lightly fry the salmon, turning gently until just about cooked.
- Add the noodles to a pan of boiling water and follow instructions on the pack to cook them
- Break the salmon into chunks and add to the curry pan stirring gently
- Drain the noodles and add them to the curry pan and serve
Easy peasy and delicious!
With love, Tash ❤ x
❤ Follow me on Social Media ❤