Delicious Healthier Homemade Granola
Granola is a delicious breakfast served with milk, yogurt or with a smoothie bowl for some added crunch, however shop bought ones are full of unnecessary added sugar that increases the calories and spikes your blood sugar levels.
Homemade granola is so easy to make, it’s worth making up a batch of your own. Plus it makes the house smell AMAZING!
- 2 cups organic porridge oats
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts – I used hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, pecans and cashews
- 1/4 cup sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 tbsp. maple syrup
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Sprinkle salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees/gas mark 4
- Line a baking tray (you might need 2 baking trays for even spread) with greased parchment paper (I use a little of the coconut oil)
- Pop all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix up
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well using your hands to ensure everything has been coated
- Pop the mixture onto the baking tray and spread it out so that everything can be gently roasted
- Bake for 15 minutes (keeping an eye on it as it can burn easily and it will completely ruin the taste)
- Once everything is slightly toasted, take out of the oven and leave to cool for 15 minutes
- Pour into a mason jar or air tight container
You can store this in a sealed air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
With love, Tash ❤ x
❤ Follow me on Social Media ❤