Comfort food at it’s best!
I love using my slow cooker in the colder months as a great way of ensuring that I have a healthy homemade meal in the evening and this recipe is a hearty and warming beef casserole that is sure to be a family favourite.
- 1tbsp. olive oil
- 1 diced red onion
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic / 1 chopped clove
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- 600g diced beef
- 1 tsp. wholegrain mustard
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 250ml ale
- A few fresh basil leaves
- Sprinkle of salt & black pepper
- Pop your slow cooker on Auto or the oven on 160 degrees / gas mark 4 if you don’t have a slow cooker
- Heat half of the olive oil in a wok or large pan
- Add the diced onion and saute for a few minutes until softened
- Add the garlic and stir through
- Add the mushrooms and stir until softened
- Pop the above mixture into the slow cooker or a large casserole dish if using your oven
- Pop the remaining olive oil back into the wok / large pan
- Add the beef and stir until it’s beginning to cook through
- Add the mustard and stir through
- Sprinkle in the stock cube and stir well
- Add the herbs and stir
- Add the honey and stir
- Pop the mixture into the slow cooker / casserole dish
- Add the ale, basil leaves and salt and pepper and stir through
- Pop the lid on and leave to cook through in the slow cooker until ready to eat or pop in the oven for 3 or 4 hours or until the meat is nice and tender.
- Serve with your choice of veggies.
With love, Tash ❤ x
❤ Follow me on Social Media ❤