What do you do if you have a craving for muffins but don’t want to eat processed sugary ones? Make them!
This is a simple recipe that takes 25 minutes to make from mixing to baked perfection.
Refined sugar free (except from the optional dark chocolate chunks, white chocolate stars and dark chocolate sprinkles), and made with bananas and wholemeal flour, they are a much healthier alternative to shop bought muffins.
Drop whatever you are doing right now and make these delicious muffins. You won’t regret it!
- 3 bananas
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 6 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. sugar free chocolate caramel syrup (use maple syrup as an alternative)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla essence
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks (optional)
- 2 cups frozen black forest fruits (defrosted in microwave for 1 minute)
- 2/3 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- Drizzle of sweet freedom choc shot
- Sprinkle of white choc stars and dark chocolate curls
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees / gas mark 4
- Pop some muffin cases into muffin baking tray
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl in the order they appear above, mixing well after adding each ingredient (use a whisk or mixer if you prefer but I just mixed using a fork and it works perfectly well)
- Pour the ingredients into the muffin cases
- Pop in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes checking on them
- They are ready when you poke them with a knife and it comes out clean
- Drizzle the choc shot and sprinkle the white choc stars and dark choc curls and leave to cool for a few minutes
With love, Tash ❤ x