Overnight oats just make life so easy in the mornings don’t they! No faffing making nutritious breakfasts… let’s face it, who has time for that?!
This recipe is loaded with anti-oxidants, omega fatty acids, protein and vitamins and will provide you with energy for hours but it also has that that indulgent chocolate fix for those mornings where you wake up dreaming of chocolate… no? Just me? #awkward 😉
The chocolate drizzle in this recipe comes from Sweet Freedom so it’s actually healthier as it’s made from natural fruit extracts; apples, grapes & carob, water, cocoa, rapeseed oil, natural chocolate flavour. This just makes eating chocolate for breakfast guilt free 🙂 And we all know how I feel about guilt from my post all about it!
Super quick to make, this is a definite overnight oats recipe winner 🙂
For the oats
- 1/2 cup organic oats
- 1 cup milk of your choice – I used unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2-1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp strawberry flavour protein powder – whichever make you like but if you don’t use protein powder, just add some frozen or fresh strawberries so you still get the flavour 🙂
- If you like your oats a little sweeter – add 0.5 tsp of honey 🙂
For the topping
- 1 tsp sliced almonds
- Drizzle of sweet freedom choc shot
- Sprinkle of freeze dried raspberries
- Pop the oats and the milk into your container (I use an old peanut butter jar)
- Add the matcha, chia seeds and protein powder
- Pop the lid on and give it a shake
- The consistency should be quite liquidy as the oats need enough milk to soak up overnight.
- Leave it in the fridge overnight
- Take it out in the morning and top with the sliced almonds, sweet freedom choc shot and the freeze dried raspberries
With love, Tash ❤ x