As well as being a big foodie, I am also really into skin care, make up and all things girlie girl (and boy of course) 😀 I love sharing the things I find that really work with family and friends and thought I would also share them with you 😀
The first thing I want to tell you about is this amazing serum that I’ve used for a couple of years now. It was recommended to me by my wonderful hairdresser (thanks Aleca) and I haven’t looked back since!
It’s a vitamin C and hyaluronic acid serum that you wear under moisturiser to give your skin an extra anti-ageing boost.
We all know the benefits of eating foods high in vitamin c but there are also many benefits to using it topically on your skin and I’ve listed the key ones below: –
- Vitamin C is the main ingredient of collagen and the production and metabolism of collagen is the key attribute to healthy, smooth, radiant and younger looking skin.
- Applying vitamin c to your skin protects it from free radicals due to its antioxidant function.
- Helps to protect it from sun damage as it strengthens the skin barrier and thickens the dermis (the thick layer of living tissue below the epidermis which forms the true skin, containing blood capillaries, nerve endings, sweat glands, hair follicles, and other structures).
- In high concentrations it can reduce the appearance of skin discoloration.
Hyaluronic acid also has many benefits when applied to the skin but the main one of interest to those of us trying to hold off the signs of ageing, is its unique ability to retain moisture. The more moisture we can keep in our skin, the longer we will hold those pesky wrinkles at bay.
Similar to vitamin c, hyaluronic acid also protects the skin from harmful UVB rays which can cause sunspots.
Serums are usually thinner in consistency than a moisturiser and are able to penetrate deeper into the skin layers and the ingredients in this serum in particular seem to absorb quickly and really hydrate the skin without making it greasy, which is fab for my oily / combination skin.
Whilst I firmly believe that diet is the main ingredient to having great skin, a good skin care routine is also important.
Key info on this serum 😀
- Where I bought it – Amazon
- Cost – £15.90 for a 60 ml bottle
- Packaging – Comes in a cute glass bottle with both a pump and a dropper so you can choose which you prefer (I use the pump)
- Scent – Smells slightly of oranges
- Consistency – thin and watery in consistency and when applied to the skin, it soaks in immediately and my skin feels slightly tighter straight away but not in an unpleasant way
- General skin appearance – I’ve noticed that my skin is a lot smoother in appearance since I started using this serum and have had a lot of compliments on my skin. My skin is clearer, has more of a glow and my complexion looks more balanced with less sun spots or marks (and I am Queen of the sun worshippers 😉 )
- Anti-ageing – I am now 36 (yikes 😮 ) and I really do think that this serum has helped me keep wrinkles at bay. It’s hard to tell as I don’t know what my skin would be like without it but I know I haven’t got any wrinkles other than the fine lines everyone gets when they smile or frown… ok, ok… I get a big bum crack between my eyebrows when I frown – (full disclosure haha!) but those are natural and the only way to get rid of them is botox (which I’d rather not resort to) or not to smile or frown and let’s face it (excuse the pun) – that ain’t ever gonna happen 😉
- How long does it last? – Mine lasts me about 3-4 months as you only need 1-2 pumps of the product morning and night.
Full List of Ingredients (taken from Amazon)
Deionized Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide (Plant Based Hyaluronic Acid), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), d-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Car- bomer, Arginine, Ferulic Acid, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Sim- mondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Amino Acid Blend (Sodium L-Pyrrolidone Carboxylate, Sodium Lactate, LArginine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Pyrrolidonecarboxylic Acid, Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Serine, L-Valine, L-Proline, L-threonine, L-Isoleucine, L-Histidine, L-Phenylalanine), Phenoxyethanol, Ethyl Hexyl Glycerin, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola Ext- ract), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail Plant Extract), Pelagonium Gravoleons (Geranium Extract), Taraxacum Officinale (Dandelion Extract).
This is my experience of this serum and I would definitely recommend trying it 🙂
With love, Tash