When you fancy a muffin but really don’t want to eat refined sugar and over processed food, these are fab! Quick and easy to make and really chocolatey 🙂 AND cacao is a superfood so they’re actually good for you 🙂
I added cacao nibs to create chocolate chips and they worked a treat 🙂
Ingredients – for 4-6 large muffins
- Ripe or overripe bananas x 2
- Egg yolks x 2
- Coconut oil – 1/4 cup
- Baking soda – 1 tsp.
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Honey – 4 tbsp.
- Maple syrup – 2 tbsp.
- Almond milk – 1/4 cup
- Sugar free caramel syrup (optional) – 2 tbsp.
- Wholemeal self-raising flour – 1.5-2 cups depending on consistency
- Cacao powder – 4 tbsp.
- Cacao nibs – 2 tbsp.
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 5 / 190
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl
- Add melted coconut oil, egg yolks, baking soda, salt, honey, maple syrup, caramel syrup and almond milk and whisk gently for a smooth batter
- Fold in flour and cacao powder
- Add cacao nibs
- Stir thoroughly mixing everything together
- Pour the mixture into large muffin cases and place into a muffin tray
- Bake for 30-45 mins (or until a knife comes out clean when poked in the middle of one)
Easy peasy 🙂
With love, Tash x