I love a nice curry and aside from the obvious Italian food cravings (being half Italian) this is the food I crave the most. I grew up eating curry as my Mum’s side of the family is of Indian heritage and whilst I’ll never be able to cook them as well as my Mum and Grandma, I do my best 🙂
This is a delicious chicken, lentil and spinach curry – hope you like it 🙂
Ingredients (for 4 people)
- Chopped onion – 1 whole
- Chopped garlic – 1 clove
- Chopped ginger or ginger seasoning – 1 tsp.
- Mushrooms – 1 cup
- Diced chicken – 500g
- Brown lentils – 1/3 tin
- Broccoli – I used a cup of frozen
- Spinach – I used a cup of frozen
- Tomato puree – 1 tbsp.
- Cumin – 1 tbsp.
- Tumeric – 1 tbsp.
- Tandoori spice – 1 tbsp.
- Hot chilli powder – 1 tsp.
- Paprika – 1 tsp.
- Dried coriander – 1 tbsp.
- Chopped tomatoes – 1 can
- Coconut cream – 1 carton / tin (I prefer the thickness of the cream rather than coconut milk)!
- Honey – 1 tbsp.
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp.
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok or frying pan
- Add the onions and mushrooms and sauté until slightly browned
- Add the garlic and the chicken and stir through
- Add the spices and seasonings and stir well
- Spoon in the tomato puree and mix
- Add the tomatoes and coconut cream and mix
- Pop in the spinach and broccoli and mix until softened
- Add the lentils
- Add the honey
- Let simmer for 1 hour or until the sauce has thickened
Serve with rice, naan, whatever you fancy! Enjoy 🙂
With love, Tash x