Such an easy fuss free way of cooking a healthy meal…coat some chicken breasts with basil pesto and olive oil to keep them moist, bake in the oven and then pop them on top of a fresh and crunchy salad 🙂 Scrumptious! 😀 Now all we need is the sun to stay out 😉
Green pesto makes this chicken look kinda mouldy 😀 BUT let’s ignore that and just believe me when I say it tastes good! 😉
Ingredients – pp
- Chicken breast – 1 pp
- Basil pesto – I used pre-made 🙂 – 1 tbsp
- Superfood salad; spinach, rocket, beetroot, etc. – 1-2 cup
- Red and yellow peppers – 1/2 of each
- Cherry tomatoes – 1/2 cup
- Olives – green and black pitted – 1/4 cup
- Avocado – 1/2
- Salad dressing of your choice – I used green pesto salad dressing to match the flavour in the chicken – 1-2 tbsp.
- Extra Virgin olive oil – 1-2 tbsp.
- Coat the chicken breasts in extra virgin olive oil and the green pesto and pop in an oven proof dish, cover in foil and pop in the oven on gas mark 5 / 190 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Take off the foil and pop the chicken back in the oven for 15-20 minutes
- Pop the salad in a bowl / on a plate
- Chop the peppers, cherry tomatoes and olives and sprinkle them in the salad
- Pop the chicken breast on top
- Drizzle the salad dressing
Simple, fresh and delicious 🙂
With love, Tash x