Lots of lovely colours in this dish 😀 Pork escalope with a pre-bought marinade of bourbon and mustard, on a bed of fajita spiced veggies and quinoa 🙂
Ingredients – pp
- Pork escalope – 1-2 pp
- Bourbon and mustard marinade (I bought mine but you can make one if you prefer) – 2 tbsp.
- Sugar snap peas – 1/2 cup
- Butternut squash and sweet potato – 1/2 cup
- Sweetcorn – 1/2 cup
- Cherry tomatoes – 1/2 cup
- Red and white quinoa – 1 cup
- Fajita seasoning – 1 tsp.
- Salt & pepper – to taste
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp.
- Marinade the pork for a few hours or overnight if you have time (if you don’t have a lot of time, just use the marinade as a sauce instead of a marinade)
- Chop the butternut squash and sweet potato and pop in a microwaveable dish and in the microwave for 5 mins to soften
- Add the coconut oil to a griddle pan or frying pan and fry the pork turning occasionally until cooked (approx. 5-10 mins)
- Half way through the pork cooking, add the sugar snap peas and butternut squash and sweet potato to a pan with some coconut oil and saute until softened
- Add the sweetcorn and cherry tomatoes
- Sprinkle the fajita seasoning and mix in well
- Add the quinoa
- Warm some of the marinade in a pan for a couple of minutes (do this even if you have left the pork to marinade)
- Pop the veggies on a plate and place the pork on top
- Drizzle some of the marinade on top of the pork
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste
With love, Tash x