The Mediterranean diet is well know for it’s health benefits and the lowest reports of cancer come from this area in the world.
There is a reason for this. All the fresh fruits and vegetables that they consume with every meal along with home cooking everything from scratch all adds up to a really healthy diet and lifestyle.
You don’t have to live in the med to enjoy the food though 🙂 This is a lovely, simple and fresh brunch idea and you can add whatever else you like if you want to add bacon or prosciutto etc. it’s your brunch – enjoy.
- Boiled egg
- Sugar snap peas
- Salt & Pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1 tsp
- Coconut oil – 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
- Boil an egg for 3-6 mins depending on the consistency you want to achieve
- Chop the tomato and pop on a plate
- Sauté the sugar snap peas in coconut oil for 1-2 mins and pop on the plate
- Chop the egg and pop on the plate
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and sesame seeds over the dish
- Drizzle the olive oil over everything
I forgot to add a sprinkling of oregano to this but that would just finish it off perfectly 🙂
Hope you enjoy 🙂
With love, Tash x