Chick pea & lentil dahl is yummy and you can put it with anything 🙂 I love adding lamb mince but I don’t know why I am telling you that as it’s a totally different recipe (will post that one soon) 😉 HAHA!
THIS recipe is made with chicken or feta – I actually made both as I wanted feta and the hubby wanted meat – no surprise there 😉 It’s a great dish to be able to make veggie and meat versions in one meal though 🙂
You can easily make your own chickpea dahl or buy it pre-made in a tin. I used a tin for this one as it was Monday evening after a long and busy day at work.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- Chickpea & lentil dahl – 1 tin
- Red onion – 1/2 small onion – finely chopped
- Mushrooms – 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Chicken breast – 1 pp
- Feta – 1/2 cup pp
- Filo pastry – 6 sheets cut into 6 squares – I use pre-made filo sheets
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp.
- Almond milk or egg for brushing the pastry
- Fry the onion and mushroom with the coconut oil in a frying pan
- Heat the chickpea dahl in a sauce pan on the hob
- Add the onion and mushrooms to the dahl mixture and keep heating it through
- Dice and fry the chicken in frying pan with some coconut oil until cooked through
- Chop / break up the feta
- Lay out the pastry squares and use some almond milk or egg brushed over them to stick them all to each other
- Pop some of the chicken into the middle of 3 of the squares (remember not to overfill as you need to be able to make the parcel shape)
- Pop the feta into the remaining 3 squares
- Spoon the chickpea mixture on top
- Close the parcels and slightly twist the top if you can – just make sure they are closed if you can’t
- Brush with almond milk or egg so they brown slightly
- Bake on a baking tray for 15-20 mins on gas mark 6 / 180 degrees or until golden brown
Serve with a side salad and enjoy!
With love, Tash 🙂