Oh my goodness – I think I have a slight obsession with courgetti and this dish has just made it worse 😀 It took me just over 5 minutes and was healthy, filling and delicious! 🙂
Due to all the flavours from the pesto and other ingredients, there is no need to add any seasoning except for a bit of black pepper.
This is a meat free version but if you prefer to add meat, chorizo or chicken would go really well with this (or both 😉 )
- Courgette (I used 1 for just me but it depends how hungry you are as it does reduce down during cooking)
- Pine nuts
- Green pesto – 1-2 tsp (depending on taste preferences)
- Black pepper
- Using a spiralizer, make some courgetti from the courgette
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat
- Add the courgette in dry – no oil needed as the water from the courgette comes out and needs to burn off – cook through, (keep stirring it) for approximately 3-6 mins (I like mine still crunchy so left it for 4)
- Add the pesto to the courgetti and stir through
- Toast the pine nuts slightly in another non-stick frying pan for the last 2 minutes (whilst the courgette is cooking) – keep an eye on them and shake the pan regularly – these little monkeys tend to burn suddenly!
- Pop the courgetti onto a plate
- Sprinkle the pine nuts, olives, pomegranate, black pepper and parmesan across the top
- Become a little bit more addicted to courgetti 😉