I haven’t had a plain homemade tuna salad for ages! 😮 Probably something to do with the fact that it’s been Winter for what feels like the last 10 years but anyway… I digress… this isn’t a post about the weather…but seriously, doesn’t it feel like Spring has been a long time coming?? Christmas feels like it was ages ago and as soon as the New Year celebrations are over, I am done with Winter and ready for Summer. Oops I’ve done it again… back to the food Tash!
Anyway, I had completely forgotten how well green pesto goes with tuna! This is canned tuna (in spring water of course 😉 ) on the salad but even if you were having a tuna steak, drizzling some green pesto mixed with extra virgin olive oil on your steak or directly onto your salad will rock your socks off in my humble opinion anyway!
This salad is just scrumptious!
- Mixed lettuce leaves (spinach too if you have it)
- Grated carrot
- Diced cucumber
- Cherry tomatoes
- Canned tuna
- Green pesto – 1 tbsp.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic glaze
- Black pepper and salt (to taste)
- Pop all the salad together on a plate
- Mix the tuna in a bowl with half of the tablespoon of pesto and mix
- Poach the egg/s
- Pop the tuna on top of the salad
- Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic glaze across the salad
- Pop the poached egg on top and slice
- Sprinkle black pepper and salt over the top (if you want to)
Done! So simple, so healthy and so tasty!
I hope you enjoy! 🙂