A simple and tasty salad – perfect for any time of the day!
For this salad I used shop bought Cajun chicken breast strips. I like to make things easy but keep it clean and healthy. These were fresh and the ingredients were minimal so I know there isn’t much added other than breadcrumbs. I always check that the packet says chicken breast otherwise you can get processed chicken inside the breadcrumbs and that defeats the objective of eating clean.
- Cajun chicken breast strips
- Grated carrot
- Steamed green beans and peas
- Fresh diced mango
- Toasted walnuts and pine nuts
- A tablespoon of coleslaw
- Lemon rapeseed oil – 1 Tbsp
Make your Salad
- Cook the chicken according to the instructions on the packet
- Steam the green beans for 10-15 mins adding the peas for the last 5 minutes
- Toast the walnuts and pine nuts in a pan for 2-3 mins (keeping an eye on them – they burn really quickly)
- Grate some carrot
- Pop the lettuce leaves, tomato and grated carrot on a plate
- Add the diced mango
- Add the steamed green beans and peas
- Sprinkle the toasted walnuts and pine nuts
- Pop the chicken on the top
- Add the coleslaw
- Drizzle the lemon rapeseed oil over the top
Enjoy your healthy and nutritious salad!