It’s great to have a smoothie every now and then for breakfast and they are simple and easy to make. Your body has naturally been detoxing overnight and you are waking up with a clean canvas – the perfect time to put some nutrients in but let’s be honest… you are never going to munch on veggies first thing…so why not drink them with lots of other ingredients that make them not just palatable but really yummy too.
The Green Smoothie
- Avocado – 0.5
- Spinach – 1 cup
- Carrot – 0.5
- Kiwi – 1
- Mango (frozen or fresh) – 0.5 cup
- Pineapple – (frozen or fresh) – 0.5 cup
- Probiotic yogurt (I use Activia) – any flavour or make – 1 small pot
- Almond milk or normal milk – 1 cup
- *Spirulina OR wheatgrass powder – 0.5 teaspoon
*Instead of buying powders separately, you can get a pouch of pre-mixed nutrients from places like Holland & Barratt. Example: –
Make your Smoothie
- Pop all the ingredients into your smoothie cup and place on the mixer machine
- Drink at your leisure!